The entire 2009 season for Brandon Webb (seen here at Camelback Ranch last March) consisted of four innings pitched and six runs allowed April 6.
Brandon Webb’s 2010 is starting to look more and more like Jason Schmidt’s 2008 or 2009.
Jack Magruder of FoxSportsArizona.com reports that Webb isn’t expected back from his 2009 surgery until at least May, and that it wouldn’t be surprising if he were still recovering into August.
Because they don’t need a fifth starter until April 17, the Diamondbacks will open the season with four.
More National League injury woes: Joe Blanton, Brad Lidge and J.C. Romero will all begin the 2010 season on the disabled list.
* * *
- The most in-depth profile of Manny Ramirez this year comes from Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- The Dodgers released Brian Barton from the organization, and R.J. Anderson of Fangraphs writes about what a shame that is.
- Memories of Kevin Malone posted its latest Dodger prospect rankings.
- UCLA’s baseball team, now 21-0, puts its undefeated season on the line tonight against … Stanford! Game time at Jackie Robinson Stadium is 6 p.m.
- I don’t know what it is, but every year or so Sons of Steve Garvey all but corners the market on interesting content. Juan Pierre’s Tragic Awesomeness isn’t far behind from a columnist’s perspective.