Yeah, better all prepare yourself …
- From the Dodger press notes: “Dodger prospects Rafael Ynoa and Elisaul Pimentel are being praised in Midland, MI for their roles in saving a life earlier this week. (They were) passengers in a car en route to a doubleheader for the Single-A Great Lakes Loons on Sunday when a motorcyclist in front of them hit a turkey in the road and crashed. Ynoa, Pimentel and two others helped administer first aid until an ambulance arrived. The victim has recently come out of his coma and is starting to recover.”
- Today is the 40th anniversary of the tragic day that a Manny Mota foul ball killed a young Dodger fan in the stands. Tom Hoffarth revisits for the Daily News.
- In a separate story, Hoffarth writes about the Baseball Reliquary’s Lasordapalooza.
- More anniversaries: It’s the 30th anniversary of Magic Johnson’s amazing Game 6 in the 1980 NBA finals, and here are his recollections for ESPN.
- A three-run sixth inning Saturday put an end to a disappointing night for Albuquerque righty James McDonald: 5 2/3 innings, 10 hits, seven runs, three walks, six strikeouts. The Isotopes had 21 hits in a 12-11 loss.
- In case you missed it, former Dodger Doug Mientkiewicz and the Marlins parted ways (news via MLB Trade Rumors).
- Sigh – after this week, no “Parks and Recreation” until midseason on NBC. Michael Schneider of Variety has the Peacock’s fall schedule.