Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. sums up how pathetic the Dodger offense has been in the second half of 2010: .301 on-base percentage, .325 slugging percentage. You’ll note that Matt Kemp, sitting so that Jay Gibbons can get some at-bats (according to Joe Torre), is not exactly the only problem. The point again being, if you’re going to start looking for platoon advantages with Kemp, why not look for them with other Dodgers who have left something to be desired lately.
Or, just let your best players develop.
* * *
- Manny Ramirez’s first professional baseball game since July 16 is set for tonight with Single-A Inland Empire, 7:05 p.m.
- A wish may come true for Phil Gurnee of True Blue L.A.
- Bobby Thomson once said that a better hitter would have let the pitch go by for a ball.
- “Drysdale Nearly Maimed, Then Loses”
- John Wooden had a hole-in-one and a double eagle in the same round of golf in 1939, according to a story first reported by Jill Painter of the Daily News.