Clayton Kershaw yes, Dodger offense and bullpen no. Instead of talking more about this laborious game, I’m going to use this time to catch up on some linking-gone-a-lackin’:
- Chad Moriyama of Memories of Kevin Malone got a well-deserved moment in the spotlight on Dodger Talk.
- Chin-lung Hu has finally returned from the Albuquerque disabled list, just in time for the end of the season, according to Christopher Jackson of Albuquerque Baseball Examiner. Hu entered tonight’s Isotopes game in the sixth inning, replacing Rafael Furcal, who is on his rehab assignment, and singled in his first at-bat.
- Furcal tripled and doubled in his first two at-bats tonight.
- Jackson also notes that the Royals called up catcher Lucas May, whom the Dodgers included in the Scott Podsednik deal.
- Xavier Paul’s neck injury will keep him out for the rest of 2010, writes Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- The ex-Dodger doing really well for the White Sox is Edwin Jackson, notes Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk.
- Erick Threets, whom you might remember was a Cinderella contender for the Dodger bullpen in spring training 2009, ended up pitching well for the Sox this year — 12 1/3 innings with a 0.00 ERA — but his season (and next season as well, it appears) sadly has come to a surgical end, reports Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com.
- Chatsworth High grad Mike Moustakas had an 11-RBI game the other night for Kansas City’s Triple-A farm team.
- “She gave me a pen.” Bob Timmermann will say anything to keep on keepin’ score, as he writes at L.A. Observed’s Native Intelligence.
Feels good to get back in the swing of things a little bit. Still trailing on game coverage and other planned posts — Dodgers Cogs & Dogs will be on hiatus Thursday, returning Sept. 13 — but it’s a start. And maybe people are happy that I haven’t gotten to the divorce trial coverage yet …