Thinking of a Dodger bench trio that could be made up of Juan Velez Mitchell (almost no one will get that joke, and those who do won’t laugh) …
- Add Eugenio Velez to the Dodgers’ list of non-roster invitees to Spring Training 2011. Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com has details.
- Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. has drawn up Clayton Kershaw’s five-year, $36 million contract with the Dodgers, leaving both parties the small detail of signing it.
- How bad were the free agent signings of 2006-07? Dave Cameron of Fangraphs shows you.
- If MLB worked like the BCS, here’s what the bowl matchups would have been, according to Dayn Perry of Notgraphs.
- You’ve probably seen it, but the video of the snow pouring through the collapsed Metrodome roof in Minnesota is pretty amazing.
- Sons of Steve Garvey passes along a link to Peter Keating’s ESPN.com post discussing Sandy Koufax’s perfect game as the most perfect of perfect games.
- Fun list at Baseball-Reference.com of the players who hit the most home runs while playing in under 1,000 career games. No. 5: Henry Rodriguez.
- MLB Network’s first-time-in-50-years broadcast of Game 7 of the 1960 World Series is Wednesday. Set your DVRs.