The third feel-good three-game winning streak for the Dodgers is here, with these highlights coming from a 6-1 victory over Detroit:
- Hong-Chih Kuo returning to action for the first time since May 9 and throwing a nine-pitch perfect inning.
- Matt Kemp stealing two bases to reach 20 homers and 20 steals in his 75th game this season.
- A Dodger offense that gave Detroit starter Max Scherzer fits, with six runs on 11 baserunners in six innings.
- A.J. Ellis reaching base twice in his first start since April, raising his season on-base percentage to .435.
- Two times on base each as well for James Loney, Aaron Miles, Juan Uribe and Tony Gwynn Jr.
- Andre Ethier hitting his seventh home run of the year, on a 3-0 pitch.
- Back-to-back RBI doubles by Trent Oeltjen and Dee Gordon.
- Chad Billingsley allowing one run in his first five innings, before running into trouble in the sixth.
- Mike MacDougal overcoming us cynics by inducing a double play with the bases loaded in relief of Billingsley.
- The Dodgers’ ERA this week: 0.33 so far, with one run, 12 hits and six walks against 28 strikeouts in 27 innings.
- For the second night in a row, a Dodger pitcher (Blake Hawksworth) struck out the side in the ninth.
- Up in San Francisco, the Giants giving up eight runs before getting their second out of the game in a 9-2 loss to Minnesota.
The Dodgers will go for their first three-game sweep of a series and four-game winning streak of the season Wednesday afternoon.