Happily coinciding with the ninth anniversary of Dodger Thoughts, I am a guest on The Jonah Keri Podcast, hosted not as coincidentally by the Canadian Crusher himself, Jonah Keri (author of “The Extra 2%: How Wall Street Strategies Took a Major League Baseball Team from Worst to First” and the upcoming “The Definitive History of the Montreal Expos”). Here’s the rundown:
- 0:30-2:16: This episode is brought to you by the comedy stylings of Wyndotte Street (on Twitter @WyndotteStreet)
- 2:17-7:44: The Moneyball movie
- 7:45-11:26: Friday Night Lights
- 11:27-18:42: This year’s Emmy nominations
- 18:43-25:43: Baseball blogging O.G. Dodger Thoughts, celebrating its 9th anniversary today!
- 25:44-26:59: Having a dual baseball-entertainment persona
- 27:00-33:09: Frank McCourt
- 33:10-36:15: The Dodgers’ salvation: Clayton Kershaw
- 36:16-41:08: Food Pick of the Week
- 41:09-end: Funny how Clark Kent and Superman are never in the same room: The time that Jon interacted with Michael Schur and his secret identity Ken Tremendous without realizing they are the same person
Player embedded below. To download, right click here.
Thanks again to everyone for joining me on this ride with the Dodgers for any part of the past nine years. Today, as always, it really has meant a lot.