More encouraging news on Bryan Stow: His family says he is getting stronger and more responsive.
… On Friday Bryan said something that perfectly fit the moment, and really describes these past few days. We got the OK to take Bryan outside for the first time in almost 6 months. He was moved to a cardiac chair and we went out to a secluded patio. Bonnie asked Bryan how it felt to be outside. Bryan, sitting in the sun, with his eyes closed said, “It’s magical.”
- Pirates pitcher Paul Maholm made the case for Matt Kemp as National League Most Valuable Player in an impromptu Twitter debate with Pittsburgh Tribune-Review sportswriter Dejan Kovacevic.
- Kemp is poised to become the first Dodger to lead the league in homers and RBI since 1941 NL MVP Dolph Camilli, according to the Dodger press notes.
- Tony Jackson has a feature on Don Mattingly’s rookie season as manager at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- At Stadium Journey, Paul Swaney has a review of Isotopes Park.
- The Dodgers have asked for a postponement of the Oct. 12 hearing on MLB’s motion to force sale of the team. Bill Shaikin of the Times has details.
- Shawn Tolleson, the highly regarded relief prospect and childhood friend of Clayton Kershaw, gets a short profile by Dylan Hernandez of the Times.