Major League Baseball handed out suspensions to Dodgers and Diamondbacks personnel for Tuesday’s brawls.
For the Dodgers:
- J.P. Howell and Skip Schumaker were suspended for two games each.
- Ronald Belisario was suspended for one game
- Don Mattingly was suspended one game (to be served tonight)
- Mark McGwire was suspended two games (tonight and tomorrow)
- Yasiel Puig and Zack Greinke were fined an undisclosed amount.
For the Diamondbacks
- Ian Kennedy was suspended 10 games.
- Eric Hinske was suspended 5 games.
- Kirk Gibson was suspended 1 game (to be served tonight)
- Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra were fined.
Also, because multiple players on the disabled list left the bench to join the fight, all of those players will receive some discipline and neither team will be allowed to have any players on the disabled list sit on the bench during their weekend series.
All players can appeal their suspensions. Coaches and managers cannot.
Update: Ken Rosenthal has more explanation about the suspensions.