Enter, stage left …
- Buster Posey will make $575,000 next season, according to Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (via Hardball Talk). That’s $75,000 more than Clayton Kershaw despite more than a year less in service time. I understand that Posey is underpaid with regards to pure talent, but I’m a little surprised he got that nice a raise.
- Don Mattingly told reporters this morning that James Loney and Jamey Carroll are expected to return to game action Wednesday.
- Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia’s Tragic Illness is the latest blogger to be interviewed by Howard Cole of Baseball Savvy. Petriello was a huge contributor to the 2010 Maple Street Press Dodgers Annual, and one of the main reasons I was sorry Maple Street chose not to do one again this year.
- Evan Bladh Sr. of Opinion of Kingman’s Performance has a healthy post on an obscure but memorable record: Rod Carew stealing home on seven straight attempts in 1969.
- The Onion posts too many great headlines to consistently track, but I couldn’t let this one go: “Jim Joyce Accidentally Deletes Book He’s Writing With Armando Galarraga.”
- Five-time Oscar nominee King Vidor wrote to Jim Murray about deplorable Dodger Stadium bathrooms in 1974. Letters of Note has the full text.
* * *
The Dodgers also had a B game this morning against the Mariners.