Bearing in mind that the Dodger roster could change practically every day once the regular season begins, much needs to happen between today’s Cactus League opener and the games in Sydney, San Diego and finally Los Angeles.
Because of the unique roster rules for the Australia trip, the number of off days in the opening weeks and the usual injury, contract and option considerations, things are more than a little unpredictable. So consider this a rough sketch. I’m not including every single player that’s in camp right now, but I’m allowing for some underdogs/potential injury replacements. You’ll get the idea …
- Starting pitchers (from 8 to 5): Josh Beckett, Stephen Fife, Zack Greinke, Dan Haren, Clayton Kershaw, Matt Magill, Paul Maholm, Hyun-Jin Ryu
- Bullpen (from 11 to 7): Jose Dominguez, Javy Guerra, J.P. Howell, Kenley Jansen, Brandon League, Chris Perez, Paco Rodriguez, Seth Rosin, Brian Wilson, Chris Withrow, Jamey Wright
- Catchers (from 4 to 2): Drew Butera, A.J. Ellis, Tim Federowicz, Miguel Olivo
- Infielders (from 9 to 6): Chone Figgins, Adrian Gonzalez, Dee Gordon, Alex Guerrero, Brendan Harris, Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Rojas, Justin Turner, Juan Uribe
- Outfielders (from 7 to 5): Mike Baxter, Nick Buss, Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, Joc Pederson, Yasiel Puig, Scott Van Slyke
- Disabled list (likely): Chad Billingsley, Scott Elbert, Matt Kemp