For more photos from today, visit LA Photog Blog.
By Jon Weisman
The picture above, of a ball thrown by Clayton Kershaw, efficiently shows he is able to strike out the side at any given moment.
That was then, this is … also then:
- Kershaw had identical strikeout-walk ratios to righty and lefty batters in 2014, a development that intrigued Alec Dopp at Gammons Daily.
- Joel Peralta, who is behind on his throwing program, could join Kenley Jansen and Chris Withrow on the Opening Day disabled list, reports Ken Gurnick of MLB.com.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu was held out of workouts today but is expected back Thursday, reports Gurnick.
- Newly signed Chad Gaudin missed the 2014 season after having a rare surgical procedure, unprecedented for an MLB player, writes Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A.
- Stephen also has an entertaining notebook of Week 1 Spring Training observations.
- Ryu is the Dodgers’ fastest-working pitcher, and Peralta the slowest. Read more about it from Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest.
- Paco Rodriguez talked about his offseason adjustments with Ron Cervenka of Think Blue LA.
- Alex Guerrero’s thoughts about changing relations between U.S. and Cuba and his evolving status with the Dodgers can be found in this piece by Bill Plunkett of the Register.