By Jon Weisman
Thirty-five Spring Training games in 32 days. You asked for baseball — now you’re gonna get it. The only scheduled off day is March 24, and there are four split-squad days.
Here’s some pregame reading:
- Minor-league pitchers Jeremy Horst, Jeremy Kehrt and Blake Smith have also suited up for today’s game.
- David Huff (home) and Zach Lee (road) will start the Dodgers’ split-squad games Friday.
- Clayton Kershaw had a nice conversation with Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, comparing Kershaw’s experience as a teen sensation with the one Julio Urias is having.
- Joc Pederson, Don Mattingly and Triple-A manager Damon Berryhill addressed concerns about Pederson’s strikeout rate in this article by Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles.
- More players react to the Dodgers’ health-conscious menu in this piece by Bill Plunkett of the Register.
- Did you prefer Adam Dunn or Juan Pierre as a ballplayer? Ben Lindbergh of Grantland offers an examination of this question with a twist.