By Jon Weisman
Five budding businesses have been chosen by the Dodgers and R/GA Ventures for the second Dodgers Sports Accelerator, which launches today.
The Accelerator focuses on growth-stage companies and immediate business opportunities designed to create a path to category leadership and scale — i.e., being great with the potential to be greater. The companies will receive in-depth engagement with the Dodger leadership, business units and industry network, as well as with R/GA’s award-winning strategic marketing, branding, design and technology services.
- Greenfly transforms the relationships of organizations into powerful networks for content creation and distribution.
- Keemotion enables broadcast partners, professional leagues and universities from around the world to produce, customize, stream and share professional-quality HD video content live with the push of a button.
- ShotTracker, with its innovative “ShotTracker TEAM” solution, affordably captures real-time stats for basketball teams, yielding powerful analytics for coaches, players and fans.
- Renegade creates next-generation, “Sweat X” branded sports detergent, stain and odor technologies, specifically engineered to meet the needs of today’s high-performance sports apparel and gear, used at the professional, collegiate and youth sports levels.
- WSC Technologies has developed a platform that creates personalized sports videos automatically and in real-time, helping sports leagues and broadcasters to engage fans and monetize their content.
The program will conclude in early November with invite-only demo events, at which each startup will present to industry leaders, partners, and customers in the sports, technology and entertainment communities.