Clayton Kershaw is not expected to draw a suspension for hitting Gerardo Parra with a pitch Wednesday, reports Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- Jackson also has a postgame feature on Tim Federowicz, who among other things took the blame for calling the fastball that Pirates pitcher Russ Ohlendorf drove for a three-run home run.
- Nathan Eovaldi’s past, present and future are assessed by John Sickels of Minor League Ball.
- Andrew Martin of Rockies blog Purple Row has mixed feelings about the Colorado club’s future.
- Josh Wilker of Cardboard Gods is crafting an ABCs of parenting by starting at the end, with “Chapter 1: Z is for Zisk.”
- The Reds are honoring 100-year-old Len Kahny, a former minor-leaguer of theirs who never got the call to the show (link via Baseball Think Factory).
- If the Braves beat the Mets tonight in less than 155 minutes, the Dodgers will be eliminated from postseason contention before they take the field tonight.