Window shopping …
- Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com offers this offseason preview for the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers have scouted 26-year-old Japanese middle infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Times, and an anonymous source told Hernandez that Nishioka is interested in playing for the team. Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia’s Tragic Illness takes a longer look at Nishioka, whose batting average has fluctuated between .260 and .346 in the past two seasons but has always had an on-base percentage of at least .350 in Japan. The Dodgers would have to win a posting auction just to earn the right to negotiate with Nishioka.
- An Adam Dunn signing would make sense on multiple levels for the Dodgers, writes Michael White of True Blue L.A., calling him “the best free agent option for this team,” though Dunn is not Ned Colletti’s type of player.
- Bids on Kirk Gibson memorabilia were approaching six figures as of Tuesday, writes Roberto Baly of Vin Scully Is My Homeboy.
- Baseball America has a list of minor-league free agents. Cory Wade, who had a 4.91 ERA in 29 1/3 innings at Albuquerque, is among those on the list.
- Finally, Hernandez has a long interview with Don Mattingly that is definitely worth a read.