- Cory Sullivan went 3 for 4 with a game-tying double in the seventh.
- Kenley Jansen, Scott Elbert, Javy Guerra, Alberto Castillo and Will Savage combined to shut out the A’s after the fourth inning, each striking out one batter in one inning.
- In their past two games, the Dodgers are 1 for 23 with runners in scoring position.
- Aaron Harang allowed two singles, two doubles and two runs in two innings.
- Outside of Sullivan, the Dodger lineup went 1 for 25 …
- … with eight walks. Los Angeles’ two fourth-inning runs came without a hit.
- Manny Ramirez “was scratched 20 minutes before the first pitch with stiffness in his back experienced while getting some extra at-bats in a simulated game,” according to The Associated Press.
- Former Dodger Jon Meloan, the part of the Carlos Santana trade that actually saved the Dodgers cash, has signed a minor-league deal with Texas, Battling arm trouble, Meloan hasn’t pitched in the majors since throwing 8 1/3 shutout innings with 11 strikeouts in 2009 with Oakland.
- Jason Repko (.555 OPS in 144 plate appearances with Minnesota last year) has signed a minor-league deal with Boston.
- Hiroki Kuroda allowed three runs and three hits over two innings in his New York Yankee spring training debut.
- Yu Darvish struck out three in two scoreless innings of his American spring debut.