Those home runs had me like: pic.twitter.com/sYf8Sc47pk
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 16, 2015
By Jon Weisman
Today’s resounding comeback victory — 10-5 after trailing 4-0 — didn’t forestall Austin Barnes, O’Koyea Dickson or Erisbel Arruebarrena being optioned to minor league camp after the game.
Here are some notes and news to take in before bedtime …
- It’s a fantabulous night for a moondance, and for reading this Eric Nusbaum profile at Vice Sports about “The Likable, Unlikely Career of Juan Uribe.”
- Zack Greinke went back to his old slider grip during an outing today that he considered an improvement, reports True Blue L.A.’s Eric Stephen, who adds an interesting quote from Greinke about the Alamo and Ozzy Osbourne.
- Chad Gaudin hasn’t pitched in the Majors since 2013, but count him among the relievers making a strong bid to be a factor in the bullpen this year, writes Ken Gurnick of MLB.com. Gaudin pitched a perfect sixth inning today, striking out Stephen Vogt and Mark Canha.
- Yimi Garcia, who threw a scoreless inning today, has retired 13 of 15 batters he has faced this spring.
- New commissioner Rob Manfred visited the Dodgers today, as Gurnick notes, and part of the conversation was the long-overdue return of the All-Star Game to Los Angeles. No MLB team has gone longer without one than the Dodgers, who last hosted in 1980.
- The official dedication of the Charley Steiner School of Sports Communication at Bradley will be held March 31.
- Two oldie but goodie former Dodgers each signed minor-league deals today: 37-year-old Rafael Furcal with the Royals and 38-year-old Randy Wolf with the Blue Jays.
- At ESPN.com, Anna McDonald writes about how Major League Baseball is dealing with anxiety and depression among its players.
If you care about such things or just like how they look, the Dodgers' 8-2-4 record so far in March translates to a .714 winning percentage.
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) March 16, 2015
Anxiety and depression. Damn it Jon, will you look at http://www.brainstatetech.com?
First of all, what makes you so sure I haven’t looked at it. Second of all, at what point do you stop making the same request over and over again. You’ve basically become spam on this issue.
I doubt if any of these young studs will make the team this season but I’m enjoying all the offense.