By Jon Weisman
One day after the appearance of the spring Solis-tice, the image above shows the Dodger bench for today’s split-squad game against Oakland — the first of four Dodger games beginning between 1:05 p.m. today and 1:10 p.m. Saturday.
Here’s what’s percolating …
- Bill Shaikin of the Times had a nice scoop Thursday, reporting that on the final day of the 2015 regular season, October 4, every MLB game will start at 12 Pacific. That will heighten the drama and also reduce the competitive advantage for those teams that had later starts.
- David Huff’s Saturday start has been moved to Sunday. Huff and his wife, Lisa, had a baby boy Thursday. Ethan Thomas Allen Huff now shares the same birthday as Clayton Kershaw. Congrats to the Huffs! (By the way, happy birthday to my littlest guy, who turns 7 today!)
- Brandon League felt “free and easy” in his second consecutive day of throwing as he works his way back from right shoulder irritation, reports Ken Gurnick of MLB.com.
- Yasmani Grandal is not only working with Dodger pitchers to get to know them better, but also A.J. Ellis, writes Chad Thornburg of MLB.com. “I’ll talk to (Ellis) about guys and different things he likes to do and kind of just try to get a feel of how Dodger baseball is played.”
- How did the Alamodome become baseball-ready? Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. uses Twitter to illustrate the process.
- From Thursday …