[mlbvideo id=”49150283″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
By Jon Weisman
Hyun-Jin Ryu’s MRI on Monday revealed no change from a 2012 MRI, the Dodgers announced today. Ryu is scheduled to rest and rehab for two weeks before being re-evaluated to determine his next steps.
In other news …
- I hadn’t heard of the Teres Major muscle until 12 months ago when it was discovered injured in the body of Clayton Kershaw, but it turns out everyone’s got one. Erik Bedard is the latest to suffer a strain of said muscle, and is reported to be out for four to six weeks, according to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com.
- “I have the same injury as [Clayton] Kershaw, and I want the same rehab as Kershaw. And the same fastball.” — Bedard, via Steve Gilbert of MLB.com.
- Brandon McCarthy threw five scoreless innings Monday in his minor-league game, covered by Gurnick.
- Monday’s Cactus League game, featuring three hit batters and four ejections (all on Arizona’s side), was certainly a perplexing one, with everyone weighing the Dodger-Diamondback rivalry against the reminder that, you know this is Spring Training right? MLB.com’s Gilbert and Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. run it down for us.
- Daniel Coulombe became the latest Dodger to be optioned to the minors. He faced 21 batters and retired 18 this spring with three strikeouts, allowing a single and walking two.
- Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles has a lengthy feature today talking to pitchers McCarthy, Juan Nicasio and David Huff, all of whom have been hit in the head by line drives.
- Jimmy Rollins talked candidly with Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal about subjects including his transition to Dodger blue.
- The Fangraphs positional rankings continue today, with the Dodgers sixth at first base and also at second base.
- Joc Pederson’s swing is analyzed by Chad Moriyama at Dodgers Digest, with the conclusion being that he is now keeping the barrel of the bat in the strike zone longer, which should lead to better contact.
- I tweeted this out Monday, so it’s a day late on here, but I still like it …
For Opening Day pic.twitter.com/UR4P6ZzXck
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) March 24, 2015