[milbvideo id=”847411183″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
By Bart Harvey
Highlights from the Dodger farm system for June 22, including Brandon McCarthy’s latest rehab outing and a Double-A walkoff homer …
- Rehabbing right-hander Brandon McCarthy (3 2/3 innings, one run, three hit) and recently optioned Carlos Frias (5 1/3 innings, no runs, three hits) combined to lift the Triple-A Oklahoma City Dodgers over Round Rock, 4-1. Corey Brown’s solo homer started a four-run fourth inning, which was capped by Micah Johnson’s two-run double.
- Kyle Garlick hit a 10th-inning walkoff homer in Double-A Tulsa’s 8-6 win over Springfield Cardinals. Reigning Texas League Player of the Week Andrew Toles (3-for-3 with two walks) reached base five times and is batting .500 (21-for-42) with six doubles, two triples, one home run, eight RBI and 11 walks in his last 10 games.
- Six members of Rookie League Ogden had multihit games in the Raptors’ first victory of the season, 11-4 over Grand Junction. Michael Medina had his first two-homer game, while Mitch Hansen (3-for-5) and Samuel Ortiz (2-for-3, two walks) each hit two-run homers.
- Left-hander Leonardo Crawford struck out six over 3 2/3 innings in the Rookie League AZL Dodgers 9-4 loss to the AZL Padres. Right fielder Andres Ayon reached base three times, raising his average to .444 (4-for-9) on the season.
- In a trio of Dominican Summer League games played by two Dodger squads, top performances came from right-hander Jose Chacin (five innings, one run, four strikeouts), shortstop Oneil Cruz (two triples and a double) and right-hander Juan Herrera (5 1/3 shutout innings, eight strikeouts).