By Jon Weisman
Some quick Dodger injury updates, mostly courtesy of Dave Roberts:
- Brett Anderson is set to make his first game appearance since back surgery in March with three scheduled innings in a rehab assignment Thursday for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga.
- Kiké Hernandez went 3 for 8 with two walks and a stolen base Monday and Tuesday for Rancho Cucamonga. He will continue his rehab assignment with Double-A Tulsa.
- Yasiel Puig is still day-to-day because of his right hamstring, available to pinch-hit but not to start.
- Adam Liberatore was unavailable Tuesday after tweaking his right knee covering first during Sunday’s game at St. Louis.
- Chase Utley and Yasmani Grandal are healthy but not starting today, simply to rest at the outset of a day game against a left-hander (Matt Moore) that followed a night game.
So AJ breaks his record of never stealing a base.