By Miranda Perez
Here are the highlights from the Dodger farm system for August 18, including twin bases-clearing feats …
- With two bases-loaded doubles, DJ Peters had a career-high six RBI in Rookie League Odgen’s 10-6 victory over Great Falls. The 20-year-old 2016 fourth-round draft pick has a .452 on-base percentage and .608 slugging percentage with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 34 RBI in 48 games with Ogden.
- Chase De Jong threw seven innings of one-run ball, allowing six hits and a walk with four strikeouts, as Double-A Tulsa won its sixth straight game, 8-6, at Midland. De Jong lowered his ERA to 2.62 in his league-leading 13th win of season.
- Single-A Rancho Cucamonga’s Will Smith hit the go-ahead, two-out RBI double in the top of the 10th, driving in Erick Mejia from first base and putting the Quakes on top for the 3-2 victory. Outfielder Yusniel Diaz provided the offense before going into extras, going 2 for 4 and hitting a solo blast in the seventh and an RBI single in the ninth. In his past 10 games, Diaz is batting .310 (13-for-42) with four homers, 15 RBI and 11 runs scored.
- Like Tulsa, Single-A Great Lakes won its sixth straight, defeating Lansing, 5-1. The bottom half of the lineup delivered at the plate, as each of the last three hitters recorded a multi-hit game. Third baseman Zach McKinstry went 2 for 4 with a double and a triple, scoring twice and knocking in a run.
- Shakir Albert, Hendrik Clementina and Jefrey Souffront homered in the Arizona Rookie League Dodgers’ 12-7 win over the AZL Rangers. The Dodgers registered five two-out RBI. Carlos Rincon had his fourth multi-hit game and third multi-RBI game in his last 10. He’s batting .300 with five doubles, two triples, five homers and 19 RBI in 20 games with the AZL Dodgers since being reassigned from the DSL Dodgers.
Is there any “farm fresh” outfielder ready who can hit more than 160? How much longer does Roberts stick with Reddick? He has 8 hits so far in over 50 at bats including a very dynamic bunt single
Maybe it’s time to bring Puig back from purgatory
What was all that super hyoe about the Reddick signing ieading the Dodgers to the promised land of the playoffs? How much longer before Ethier returns? Even Carl Crawford was hitting higher than Reddick when he was released. And I don’t recall him dropping any catchable fly balls
I with jpc40. I’m sure Reddick is trying but enough is enough. I looks like he only has what they used to call “warning track power”.