It’s been so long since I’ve pointed some bullets …
- Cardboard Gods genius Josh Wilker writes, as only he can, about the Dodgers’ ill-fated No. 1 draft choice of yesteryear, Bill Bene.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN.com’s Sweet Spot traces the sad evolution of the closer.
- Grant Brisbee of McCovey Chronicles explores a question that the Giants are lucky they don’t have to answer right now — what would you offer Tim Lincecum if his contract were up?
- Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia’s Tragic Illness checks out the potential trade market for James Loney upgrades, and finds it, to no great surprise, sketchy.
- “If you, like me, are sick of athletes who don’t do anything about blasting caps, and touching them, and not telling firefighters when you find them, well finally here you go,” writes Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus.
- Make sure you’re checking out my Variety blog, The Vote.