I just really dig those “Treme” opening credits … anyway, if we get any bad news about Andre Ethier today, try to keep dancing.
- The Dodgers went nine innings without a hit between sixth innings Saturday and Sunday, yet won both games. The Dodgers had three walks in that time, but were held hitless by Edward Mujica, Joe Thatcher and Wade LeBlanc for 29 batters — the last 3 2/3 innings Saturday and the first 5 1/3 innings Sunday.
- Russell Martin has an .811 OPS in the No. 1 spot in the batting order this season despite being 0 for 10 leading off games.
- Dodger pitcher John Ely enters tonight’s game having faced 59 batters since his last walk, notes Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A.
- Ned Colletti gave Tim Dierkes a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Milton Bradley-Andre Ethier trade, as part of the GM Initiation series at MLB Trade Rumors.
- What’s going on with Casey Blake (besides aging)? Mike Petriello of Mike Scioscia’s Tragic Illness wonders.