Underneath this clip of the Roadrunner from earlier this week is some news from Dodger beat writers Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, Dylan Hernandez of the Times, J.P. Hoornstra of the Daily News, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com and Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A.
- A decision on whether Ted Lilly will go on the disabled list is expected Friday.
- Josh Bard and Cory Sullivan were released from their contracts.
- Josh Fields is close to making the Opening Day roster.
- Matt Kemp is striking out a lot this spring and hitting a ton when he isn’t.
- Aaron Harang is ready to go, throwing 104 pitches today in the Dodgers’ 3-1 loss.
- Walter Hamilton and E. Scott Reckard of the Times profile new Dodger owner Mark Walter.
- Vin Scully and Magic Johnson chatted Wednesday, writes Steve Dilbeck of Dodgers Now.
- Juan Pierre has made the Phillies and will earn $800,000 this year, writes Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk.
I am an optimist–trust, but verify.
If any person, anywhere, ever, buys a professional sports franchise, and wants
to make sure that the first things that they said were right, in every way, they
should simply read what Magic Johnson, Stan Kasten, and Mark Walter said after
it was announced that they had won the bid to become the new owners of the Los
Angeles Dodgers.And then repeat it.Verbatim.
Have to agree with you.
Great job Lee. I agree with you as well. I am super excited!
Jason–We still think alike!
Let’s get the season started!