[mlbvideo id=”34217631″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
By Jon Weisman
Test your knowledge of the 2014 Dodgers and their place in history with these 20 questions. Answers below.
- The 2014 Dodgers hit into two triple plays in one season for the first time since 1955. What two Hall of Famers hit into the triple plays in 1955?
- Yasiel Puig did something on July 26 that hadn’t been done by a Dodger in 109 years. What was it?
- On May 25, Josh Beckett threw the Dodgers’ first no-hitter since what pitcher did so in 1996?
- Name the two Dodgers older than Beckett to throw a no-hitter: a future Hall of Famer in 1925, and a past New York Giant in 1956.
- The day after Beckett’s no-hitter, another pitcher took a perfect game into the eighth inning against Cincinnati. Who was it?
- Early in 2014, Dee Gordon took the National League lead in stolen bases and triples. The last Dodger to lead the NL in both categories in one season was which 1960s star?
- Name the three Los Angeles Dodgers to have at least 60 stolen bases in a season before Gordon did in 2014.
- When was the last year before 2014 that the Dodgers led the big leagues in stolen bases: 1965, 1970, 1975 or 1980?
- On August 27 at Arizona, what did Clayton Kershaw allow to happen for the first time all season?
- True or false: Kershaw has more career innings than former Yankees great Mariano Rivera.
- In 2014, Kenley Jansen became the sixth Dodger with 100 career saves. Who were the first five?
- When this reliever passed the 100-inning mark as a Dodger this year, he had the lowest career ERA in franchise history. Who was it?
- Kershaw made six starts in June and pitched 44 innings. How many runs did he allow that month?
- During Kershaw’s 41-inning scoreless streak this summer, how many runners reached third base: three, five, seven or nine?
- What slugging Dodger outfielder this season hit four home runs off Arizona pitcher Wade Miley?
- Who was the Dodgers’ Opening Day second baseman this season?
- Place these 2014 Dodgers in order of when they were first called up from the minors as rookies: Chad Billingsley, Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw.
- Hanley Ramirez is in second place on the Dodgers’ all-time home run list for shortstops. Who was first with 43 homers as a shortstop in his Dodger career?
- In 2013, the Dodgers rallied from a 9 ½-game deficit to win the NL West. What was the Dodgers’ biggest deficit in the division in 2014?
- True or false: The Dodgers never spent a day with a losing record in 2014.
- Jackie Robinson and Roy Campanella
- Hit three triples in one game
- Hideo Nomo
- Dazzy Vance and Sal Maglie
- Hyun-Jin Ryu
- Maury Wills
- Wills, Davey Lopes and Juan Pierre
- Bases loaded against him
- Eric Gagne, Jeff Shaw, Todd Worrell, Jim Brewer, Ron Perranoski
- J.P. Howell
- Scott Van Slyke
- Justin Turner
- Ethier, Kemp, Billingsley, Kershaw
- Rafael Furcal
- 9½ games
[mlbvideo id=”35647883″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]