Let’s go righty-lefty at Winter Development Camp with Grant Holmes and Julio Urias. https://t.co/KQPcqV9Jge
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) January 13, 2015
By Jon Weisman
It was fun to see pitching prospects Julio Urias and Grant Holmes side by side this morning at the first full day of the Dodgers’ Winter Development Program. Here’s another video of them in tandem:
Elsewhere around the Internet …
- Hyun-Jin Ryu made David Schoenfield’s all-underrated team of current players, posted at ESPN.com’s Sweet Spot.
- Former Dodger Mark Hendrickson — now a grandfather at 40 — is attempting a comeback with the Orioles, according to Roch Kubatko at School of Roch (via Hardball Talk).
- Dusty Baker is getting the Tommy Lasorda Managerial Achievement Award on Saturday, writes Ken Gurnick at MLB.com. Baker praised Lasorda as an influence.
“But let me tell you about Tommy. He taught me about the power of positive thinking big time. I learned from him about sticking my neck out to support my players, because that’s what he did for me. He was the master motivator, an excellent manager and an even better talent evaluator and scout. He would put his butt on the line for his players. Tommy knew athletes. He took athletes and turned them into ballplayers. I remember when I was on the Braves, he told me I was a Dodger kind of athlete. That was long before they traded for me. He saw something inside me that some people didn’t.”
- Nathan Masters of KCET’s SoCal Focus offers an image of the view from Dodger Stadium in 1877.
- A 1946-47 Cuban baseball card of Don Newcombe is featured by Ernest Reyes at Blue Heaven.