By Jon Weisman
The Dodgers avoided salary arbitration hearings this year, making deals with A.J. Ellis, Chris Heisey, Kenley Jansen, Juan Nicasio and Justin Turner. The team hasn’t had a salary-arbitration hearing since Joe Beimel’s in 2007 and hasn’t lost one since Terry Adams in 2001.
- The Dodgers have the second-best infield in baseball (behind the Rockies), according to Buster Olney of ESPN.com.
- Zack Greinke was one of two MLB pitchers to finish in the top 15 in ERA and bottom 15 in time between pitches, notes Paul Casella of Sports on Earth. Clayton Kershaw was also a relative slowpoke.
- The talent of the Dodgers’ starting rotation stands tall in this bar graph by Scott Lindholm of Beyond the Box Score. Here’s a look at how their starting lineup compares as well.
- The Dodgers will have one of the three most improved defenses in the big leagues, according to this analysis by Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN.com has a nice piece about his uncle’s experiences growing up in Brooklyn in the 1950s.
- MLB umpire John Hirschbeck has endured through devastating life events, writes Anthony Castrovince of Sports on Earth.
- Below, the latest Think Blue Review, along with recent video interviews with Chris Hatcher and Joc Pederson …
[mlbvideo id=”37139125″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
[mlbvideo id=”37136147″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
[mlbvideo id=”37131557″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]