For more images from today, visit LA Photog Blog.
By Jon Weisman
Well, now that Uribear is here, the party can really start …
- Zack Greinke had a planned lubricating injection in his right elbow. Greinke, who has already thrown five bullpen sessions, had the procedure done as a precaution, as Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.
- Today’s health log also includes new reliever Joel Peralta, who had right shoulder discomfort in a bullpen session two weeks ago, Gurnick notes, but was checked out by a doctor plans to resume playing catch Sunday.
- In addition, Don Mattingly said today that non-roster submariner Ben Rowen, recovering from thoracic surgery, is on a reduced workload.
- Brandon Beachy and Farhan Zaidi spoke to reporters today about the latter signing the former. Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. has quotes, including this:
“We’re going to be conservative with it because it’s his second one and we have an investment in him not just for 2015 but 2016 as well,” Zaidi said. “We’re hoping he’ll be ready to go midseason, All-Star break, in that range, but that’s just a guess. His timeline will be determined by how well he progresses.”
- Mattingly told reporters today that he doesn’t expect to see Julio Urias pitch for the Major League club in 2015.
- The Dodgers have the No. 1 lineup in baseball, according to Barry Svrluga of the Washington Post, and the No. 3 pitching staff.
- Brandon McCarthy and Brett Anderson both review analytics but exploit them in different ways, writes J.P. Hoornstra of the Daily News.
- It’s Spring Training, but McCarthy is in midseason Twitter form.
the first day at a new job is always scary but thankfully I had a shower with my co-workers to look forward to and that took the edge off
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) February 21, 2015
Comments are closed.