For more photos from today, visit LA Photog Blog.
By Jon Weisman
Starting off, our best wishes go to Dodger assistant pitching coach Ken Howell, who is missing Spring Training because of ongoing health issues, as Ken Gurnick of MLB.com writes. Howell did text Gurnick that he is “doing much better.”
- Also from Gurnick: Zack Greinke and Joel Peralta have resumed throwing, an update on Brett Anderson’s throwing program and non-roster catcher Ali Solis and the Dodgers have parted ways over a contract issue.
- File this under “Best Mental Shape of His Life”: Yasiel Puig means business this year, Dylan Hernandez of the Times notes in this feature.
- Yasmani Grandal discussed timesharing behind the plate, in this story by Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles.
- Here’s more on non-roster pitcher Ben Rowen (pictured above right) and his recovery from thoracic outlet surgery (same as Josh Beckett), from J.P Hoornstra of the Daily News.
- Did you know how hard it is for players at Spring Training to find the right throwing partner? C. Trent Rosecreans talks to former Dodger pitcher Matt Magill, among others, in this piece for the Cincinnati Enquirer (via Hardball Talk).