For more images from today, visit LA Photog Blog.
By Jon Weisman
- The circumstances surrounding Kenley Jansen’s foot surgery are detailed by Ken Gurnick of MLB.com.
- The effort of David Aardsma (pictured at right with Orel Hershiser) to reinvent his mechanics is the subject of a lengthy feature by Gurnick.
- The newest newest Dodger, Dustin McGowan, is discussed in this Eric Stephen piece at True Blue L.A.
- Stephen also offers some perspective on Andre Ethier, who reported to camp today.
- Mark Saxon delved into the topic of Dodger players and social media at ESPN Los Angeles, including an interview with our old friend Josh Tucker. Brandon McCarthy, Brett Anderson and David Huff also had interesting things to say to Saxon.
- J.P. Hoornstra of the Daily News explores the Dodgers’ process of determining Julio Urias’ workload in 2015.
- It’s not out of the question that MLB could revert to a 154-game season, according to new MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, though don’t look for it anytime soon.
- What is your opinion of Dave Kingman’s performance? As Will Leitch writes at Sports on Earth, it might deserve to change, given the current era of strikeouts.
- Farhan Zaidi won the Dodger front-office Oscar pool by picking 20 out of 24 winners.