By Jon Weisman
While FanFest (presented by State Farm) remains free to all attendees, the Dodgers are asking fans to download their free tickets for the January 30 event at dodgers.com/fanfest.
Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., FanFest will feature appearances and autographs from Dodger players, coaches and legends. Parking gates open at 9:30 a.m. (parking is also free), with the admission gates in the outfield plazas opening at 10.
Concerned about El Nino? FanFest will take place rain or shine, although in case of inclement weather, some on-field activities may have to be curtailed.
Autograph session tickets will go on sale soon, and an announcement will be made on the player schedule and the sale of these tickets. All autograph session ticket proceeds will benefit the Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation. Donations will support LADF programs and provide assistance to community organizations in the areas of education and literacy, health and wellness and sports and recreation.
VIP Experiences including player meet-and-greets and Q&As, batting and pitching lessons, and clubhouse and press box tours will also be available soon for advance purchase online.
FanFest will feature the following for all fans:
- family-friendly activities, including interactive games and a run-the-bases experience
- interviews with current and former Dodgers on FanFest’s main stage.
- the @Dodgers social media lounge, with a charging station, photo area with oversized MLB.com Clubhouse stickers and RBI Baseball on XBox
- photo opportunities inside the Dodger dugout and with the World Series trophy
- the second-annual LADF Yard Sale, with one-of-a-kind Dodger items for budgets of all sizes, including jerseys, T-shirts and more
- the LADF Mystery Bag Fundraiser, where fans can purchase an official Major League baseball autographed by a current or former Dodger for a $40 donation and autographed jerseys for an $80 donation (while supplies last)
- Dodger merchandise on sale, along with food and beverages.
Fans will also be able to buy Opening Day mini plans and individual game tickets (excluding Opening Day) at FanFest. The best way to guarantee Opening Day tickets is to purchase a mini plan. (For more information, visit dodgers.com/miniplans).
Note: One day before FanFest, on January 29, the Dodgers’ exclusive online sale of tickets for all 2016 games — including a very limited number of Opening Day tickets — will be held beginning at 10 a.m. at dodgers.com.
Dodger partners State Farm, Budweiser, Chef Merito, Coca-Cola, Welk Resorts, Hi-Chew, Montejo, Sunrun, Blue Prints, Gazillion Bubbles, Los Angeles Times, Marika and broadcast partners SportsNet LA and AM570 LA Sports will partake in FanFest’s family-friendly activations and giveaways.
Don’t forget to download your free FanFest tickets today.