For more photos from today, visit LA Photog Blog.
By Jon Weisman
Let’s see what’s underfoot …
- Clayton Kershaw feels good but was very self-judgmental after his first bullpen session at Camelback, reports Ken Gurnick of MLB.com.
- J.P. Howell and Joel Peralta are in their third city as teammates, writes Gurnick. (Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. has more.)
- Early arrival Yasiel Puig is the subject of this feature by MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince, who writes that “this morning, he was taking hacks off the pitching machine with a slightly different mechanical intention, trying not to wrap the bat over his head as much in his stance and keeping his hands just a tad farther from his right shoulder.”
- Here’s how Corey Seager is out to make a good first impression, according to Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles.
- Dan Haren officially reported to Spring Training for the Marlins, as this Associated Press story indicates.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN.com’s Sweet Spot looks at some of the key non-roster invitees of the National League West.
- Dick Young’s February 1957 story on the Dodgers’ purchase of Wrigley Field in Los Angeles was reprinted today by the New York Daily News.
- Here’s a video clip from Thursday of Andrew Friedman and Don Mattingly discussing the Dodgers’ bullpen situation, courtesy of SportsNet LA.
[mlbvideo id=”37838983″ width=”550″ height=”308″ /]
And more from social media …
Steve Garvey would have liked a replay after this tag on Joe Morgan in the final series with the Astros in '80. pic.twitter.com/4fWO8ISGHJ
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) February 20, 2015
Puig's head is in the game. http://t.co/NMg71mODvR
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) February 19, 2015
— dean norris (@deanjnorris) February 20, 2015
Finally, let’s catch one more from Jon SooHoo …