By Jon Weisman
Here are your tips and reminders for coming to Dodger Stadium in 2015
ARRIVING BY CAR
Remember: Purchase your parking in advance
To save money and speed your journey into Dodger Stadium, prepay your parking online. This plan is intended to help accelerate traffic flow into the ballpark. Those with prepaid parking will move through dedicated autogates into Dodger Stadium parking.
- Visit dodgers.com/parking to purchase parking in advance — including on day of game.
- To encourage prepaid parking and the use of prepaid parking lanes, general parking is $10 online — same as last year, and available to all ticketholders — and $20 when purchased at the gate.
- Preferred parking is $35 in advance and $50 at the gate.
- Please have parking permit (printed, or on smartphone), credit card or cash ready when you reach the autogate.
Lots 13 and 14
For only $5 (in advance or upon arrival), purchase parking for Lots 13 and 14.
- These first-come, first-serve lots are located offsite on Stadium Way — between Elysian Park Avenue and the 110 — and allow for easy entrance and exit.
- Note that there is an uphill walk to the stadium from these lots, of approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- A free shuttle is available for fans with disabilities.
Generally, depending on which gate you enter, you will be directed to park in a specific parking lot and specific parking space.
- Sunset Gate A: Lots 1 and 2
- Stadium Way Gate B (general parking only): Lot 2
- Golden State Gate C: Lots 3 and 4
- Academy Gate D: Lots 5, 6, and 7
- Downtown Gate E: Lots 8, 10 and 11
Please watch for pedestrians and bicyclists crossing and drive safely.
ADA Parking Spaces
ADA parking spaces are located in parking lots B, D, G, L, N and P.
- Parking cashiers and attendants will direct those with a valid, state-issued ADA parking permit and/or license plate to these areas.
- Locations are first-come, first-served. Once ADA parking spaces are filled, you will be directed to alternate locations.
- Shuttle services are available for fans with disabilities on a first-come, first-served basis. Call the Fans Service hotline at (323) 224-2611.
Stadium Way Gate B
Stadium Way Gate B (formerly the Scott Avenue Gate) will be open again in 2015.
- This gate is often less utilized than others and may allow for quicker access to Dodger Stadium.
- Stadium Way Gate B is accessible from Sunset Blvd., the Golden State Freeway (5) or the Pasadena/Harbor Freeway (110). Stay on Stadium Way to Scott Ave.
Please be courteous to Dodger Stadium’s neighbors as you depart.
- When leaving the game, you will be required to exit out of the same parking gate that you entered.
- You can get to all local freeways from all parking gate exits.
Dodger Stadium Express
For the sixth consecutive year, the Dodger Stadium Express will provide transportation for fans from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium and back. Fans are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station and will connect them to the Dodger Stadium Express.
Union Station Service
- The Dodger Stadium Express is free for ticketholders. Those without a ticket using the Union Station service will pay regular one-way fare of $1.75.
- The Union Station service uses a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Elysian Park Avenue.
- Fans boarding the Dodger Express shuttle at Union Station may do so at the Patsaouras Bus Plaza, adjacent to the east portal of Union Station.
- Service from Union Station begins at 10 a.m. Opening Day and 90 minutes before typical games, and runs for 45 minutes after the game.
- Service will be provided every 10 minutes prior to the start of the game and run approximately every 30 minutes throughout the game.
- Union Station Service has two stops — behind the pavilions (Lot G) and at the Top Deck (Lot P).
- Parking at Union Station is $6.
- For specific route and schedule information, fans can visit www.metro.net or call (323) GO-METRO.
South Bay Service
New for 2015: Fans will also have the option to use the new Dodger Stadium Express South Bay Service.
- The South Bay Service is also free for Dodger Stadium ticketholders. Those without a game will pay regular one-way of $2.50.
- Service from the South Bay will begin two hours before game time and continue every 15 minutes thereafter until game time.
- Fans boarding the Dodger Stadium Express in the South Bay may do so at Bay 9 of the Harbor Gateway Transit Center.
- South Bay Service patrons will be dropped off behind the pavilions at Lot G.
- Return service begins with buses leaving five minutes after the last out and continues for 45 minutes in five-minute intervals.
The Gold Line Metro rail stop at the intersection of Alameda Street and College Street is a ¾-mile walk to Dodger Stadium, or a ½-mile walk to the Broadway stop to get on the Union Station shuttle.
- The Dodgers encourage use of MTA buses on Sunset Blvd. as well as using the Gold Line in Chinatown.
- The No. 2 and No. 4 buses are available from Santa Monica, the Pacific Coast Highway and downtown Los Angeles, with stops at the Red Line station in Hollywood, traveling to and from the Dodger Stadium entrance.
- The MTA bus stop on Sunset is ¼ mile from Dodger Stadium Gate A.
Pedestrians and bicyclists
- Pedestrians and bicyclists are welcome at any gate. All entrances to Dodger Stadium have designated pedestrian and bicycle paths.
- In particular, the Dodgers’ main entrance — Sunset Blvd. Gate A along Elysian Park Avenue — is designed to encourage fans to use parking lots 13 and 14 along Stadium Way and the No. 2 and 4 buses along Sunset Blvd.
- Bicycle racks are located near every ballpark entrance, at Lots B, D, G, L, N and P.
Taxi, rideshare and car services
- A taxi loading/unloading zone is located along the outer edge of Lot G.
- The Dodgers also encourage rideshare and car service vehicles. They will be allowed to enter Dodger Stadium through Sunset Gate A.
- Rideshare and car service vehicles will be issued a special colored dash placard and will be able to drop off passengers inside Lot 12.
- Once passengers are dropped off, rideshare and car service vehicles will be required to exit through the Sunset Gate A.
- After the game, rideshare and car service vehicles will be permitted to enter Sunset Gate A to pick up passengers in Lot 12.
Visit dodgers.com/parking for more information.