By Jon Weisman
If you’re visiting Dodger Stadium and spy something colorfully unusual in Lot 1 near the Sunset Gate A entrance, that would be the big top for Cirque du Soleil Kurios, which runs from December 10-February 7.
Above is a photo taken before today’s tent-raising; below is a short video snippet of the process.
Curious about Kurios? Here are some facts and figures, provided by Cirque du Soleil …
- The big top stands 62 feet high, is 168 feet in diameter and is supported by four masts, each 85 feet tall.
- It seats approximately 2,600 guests and requires a team of approximately 50 people to raise it.
- There are over 1,200 stakes dug four feet into the ground to hold the tents in place.
- The site takes six days to completely set up and two days to tear down.
- Kurios travels in 65 trailers, carrying close to 2,000 tons of equipment.