Gary A. Vasquez/US Presswire
Andre Ethier has as many home runs with at least two runners on base in 2010 as the rest of the Dodgers combined.
You know what I look forward to seeing? The Dodgers breaking open a close game or rallying with a three-run home run.
But in 74 games this year, the Dodgers have only eight three-run homers, along with two grand slams by Andre Ethier. That total comes in 443 plate appearances with at least two runners on base.
The Dodgers were on a pretty good pace until shortly before Ethier’s pinkie injury. In nearly seven weeks since May 11, the Dodgers have two three-run home runs.
Manny Ramirez is 16 for 31 (.516) with three doubles and six walks with at least two runners on base, but doesn’t have a homer this year in those situations.
James Loney, who broke the 50 RBI barrier Saturday, is second on the team with two three-run homers. He is 21 for 53 (.396) with four doubles, two homers and four walks with at least two runners on base.
Here are the 10 three- or four-run home runs.
- April 13: Andre Ethier, ahead 6-2 in the sixth.
- April 16: Andre Ethier (grand slam), ahead 3-0 in the second.
- April 20: Matt Kemp, down 9-6 in the eighth.
- April 30: James Loney, ahead 2-1 in the third.
- May 1: Andre Ethier, down 1-0 in the third.
- May 4: James Loney, down 11-3 in the eighth.
- May 6: Andre Ethier (grand slam), tied 3-3 in the ninth.
- May 11: Russell Martin, ahead 4-3 in the eighth.
- June 7: Blake DeWitt, ahead 7-1 in the fifth.
- June 16: Andre Ethier, ahead 2-0 in the sixth.
The Dodgers are actually pretty decent at keeping rallies going. But sometimes, you just want to see them hit the heights.