Morning drive-time news …
- Larry Bowa: Taking responsibility, sorta, kinda, not really. From Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com:
“They made two good plays,” Bowa said. “If he makes it, it’s a good play. If he doesn’t, it’s a bad play. I take the blame for it. I don’t think you guys [the media] have talked to me [about getting a runner thrown out] in three years, so I must be doing all right.”
This was hardly the first time that Bowa sent a runner to his doom in brutal fashion, but whatever …
- Features on Zach Lee’s arrival from Jackson, Kevin Baxter of the Times, Evan Dreilich of MLB.com and Al Balderas of the Daily News.
- Some detailed Jonathan Broxton pitch stats and analysis comes from Think Blue Crew (via True Blue L.A.)
- Some good news: Former Dodger Dave Roberts expects a full recovery from Hodgkin’s lymphoma, writes Mike DiGiovanna of the Times.
- It’s been 20 years since it was 20 years, Candy. You were so fine. (No, I wasn’t talking about you.)